Thomas Tuchel Lifts Lid On Possible Managerial Job After Bayern Munich

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adesina David

May 14, 2023
Thomas Tuchel has lifted the lid on his future after his stint with Bayern Munich amidst links to Manchester United and Barcelona.

Tuchel, who led the Bavarian giants to the German Bundesliga title last campaign, has had a shaky season with Bayern Munich, with the team 8 points behind league-leaders Bayer Leverkusen.

Thomas Tuchel's side are also at the brink of elimination in the UEFA Champions League, having lost 1-0 in the first leg of their last 16 meeting against Lazio at the Stadio Olimpico.

Bayern Munich's horrendous season has resulted in the management of the club, relieving Tuchel of his managerial duties at the end of the season.

The club confirmed that the former Chelsea boss will exit the team at the expiration of the campaign, writing on their website:

“FC Bayern Munich and head coach Thomas Tuchel have jointly decided to end their working relationship, which was originally set to run until 30 June 2025, on 30 June 2024.”

Bayern Munich have shortlisted several names as potential candidates to replace the German tactician, however, Bayer Leverkusen's Xabi Alonso appears to have caught their attention the most.

Xabi Alonso has had an excellent season with Bayer Leverkusen, with the team sitting pretty at the summit of the German Bundesliga table.

The German side are also still in sight of a possible treble this season, as they are still in the UEFA Europa League and DFB-POKAL.

Bayer Leverkusen have never won the German Bundesliga title, with the team finishing as runner-up in 2010/11, 2001/02, 1999/2000, 1998/99, and 1996/97.

Anyway, speaking on his future after his stint with Bayern Munich, Thomas Tuchel said:

“Nothing's going to happen with me before the end of the season".

“I have a very high professional expectation of myself and that's completely dedicated to Bayern Munich until the end of the season”.

Additionally, ahead of Bayern Munich's game against RB Leipzig on Saturday, February 24, 2024, which ended 2-1 in favor of the Bavarian giants, Tuchel also spoke on what to expect from him and Bayern Munich for the remainder of the campaign.

He said: “We love football and what we do. For me, it doesn't matter if my contract is for five weeks or five years.

“The only thing that matters is the here and now. The situation is different now, but that won't play a role.

“I love the job and obviously will do the job with the same energy as before. There's clarity now, and clarity gives freedom. Freedom is always good, both for coaches and players.”

Thomas Tuchel also admitted that he will have to take responsibility for the club's woes this season, despite there not being only “one person to blame”.

He said: “We spoke on Tuesday and then informed the team and the public on Wednesday.

“We are unhappy with the way we are playing and with our points tally after the three recent defeats.

“There is not just one person to blame, but I'm the one who takes the responsibility. The development and results that I'd like to be seeing aren't there.”

Anyway, Bayern Munich as aforementioned secured a hard-fought 2-1 win over RB Leipzig at the Allianz Arena, courtesy of a brace from Harry Kane in the 56th and 90+1 minute.

Benjamin Sesko scored the lone goal for the away side, in what was a truly competitive affair.

Moreover, Bayern Munich return for action on Friday, March 1, 2024, facing Freiburg in a Matchday 24 Bundesliga encounter.