Timo Werner-"As long as it helps the team it’s fine"

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

LagosBwoi

Mar 16, 2021
Lagos
TWITTER
_ahyorhinde_
timo-werner-chelsea1.jpg

The German attacker is experiencing a poor run of form since his £52 million move to London from RB Leipzig.

The striker, who have only registered 5 Premier league goals this season used to be RB Leipzig's hitman, scoring 89 goals in 127 appearances for the German side.

In the middle of his poor form in front of the goal. Werner remains the only Chelsea player to have recorded 12 assists this season. His link-up play and team play is one thing that is still keeping him in the team, with the likes of Olivier Giroud and Tammy Abraham on the bench, making way for him.

The German provided another assist for his fellow teammate, Hakim Ziyech to book their place in the FA Cup final. In his post-match interview, he said "I’ve had more assists than goals, which is unusual in the last year for me. As long as it helps the team it’s fine.

"It was good that I got the ball right for Hakim."

"I think the two best teams in England at the moment played against each other. It was a 50-50 game.

"We won because we made the counterattacks and got one goal. In the end, we defended very well, like in the games before. I think we can say the best team won.

"In these types of games it’s very important to have good tactics, but in the end, it’s the individual class that decides the game. That’s why we won the game."

Chelsea are seeking to win the Champions League and FA Cup under Thomas Tuchel, after revitalization by the German coach, who took over from Club Legend, Frank Lampard.