Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, others celebrates Wole Soyinka as he turns 89

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
President Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Peter Obi among others celebrated renowned playwright and Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka as turned 89 yesterday.

20230714_084816.jpg

President Tinubu penned down a wonderful birthday message to Soyinka through the special adviser on Special Duties, Communication and Strategy, Dele Alake describing him as a comrade in struggle and for being a source of inspiration and support in the restoration of democracy and the betterment of the country.

Governor Sanwo-Olu also wrote via Twitter saying, Today, I celebrate our literary icon and Nobel Laureate, Professor Oluwole Soyinka on his 89th birthday anniversary.

Prof. Soyinka as a literary icon has excelled in all the genres of literature, while his prodigious works have continued to be a reference point in academic circles all over the world."

Peter Obi also praised him saying, "My respected dear father Prof. Wole Soyinka, I join your family, friends and admirers in celebrating with you as you mark your 89th birthday today. We thank God for the gift of your life in good health. As a person and literary icon, you have remained a revered and renowned figure, held in very high esteem by your compatriots and others all over the world.

20230714_084933.jpg

I salute your commitment and contributions in the struggle for a better Nigeria and humanity.
While wishing you many happy returns of this day, I pray God to grant you more health of mind and body as you continue to positively contribute to our collective nation-building efforts."

Wole Soyinka is one who has made his mark in the nation's development and he continues to be an unbreakable force and source of inspiration to the future generations to come.