Tonto Dikeh quits acting career

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Esther A

Jul 28, 2022
Nigeria
Tonto Dikeh quits acting career

Nollywood actress, Tonto Dikeh, has officially quit the movie industry to focus on her political career.
The African Democratic Congress (ADC) governorship candidate in Rivers State, Tonye Ibraye, picked the actress as his running mate on June 24.

Dikeh announced her decision to quit the movie industry in an interview with BBC News Pidgin on Thursday.
During her interview, the actress disclosed that she would not be returning to Nollywood after the governorship election in Rivers State.

She expressed her gratitude by appreciating the movie industry for grooming and bringing her to the limelight.

When asked if she has completely retired from acting, she said, “I don’t like movies like that again and it’s been a long time since I acted on screen.

“I have done like two films in 10 years, so you can’t tell me I’m still in the industry.
I will always appreciate that it was the industry that my path started from. It is something that I respect, but it’s not something that has been in my life for a while now.

So even after the election, it’s not something I’ll return to, but I’ll love to contribute to the industry when I get into power,” Tonto said.

Tonto also commended her colleagues Funke Akindele and Banky W who are also vying for political offices.