Too much money can't help you win trophies - Pep Guardiola

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
Apr 29, 2022
images (42).jpeg

Pep Guardiola has slammed Jose Mourinho, the manager of Roma, after the Portuguese failed to clinch Champions League participation for the Italian club next season.

While attempting to defend his Champions League record, Guardiola found a reason to enlist Mourinho.

Guardiola took Manchester City to the competition's semi-finals this season, but they were shockedly eliminated by Real Madrid in Spain and are still nursing their wounds.

City led 5-3 on aggregate coming into the 90th minute at the Bernabeu, but conspired to concede twice in injury time, losing 6-5 to the La Liga champions. Pep Guardiola has tried numerous times to win the Champions League for Manchester City but has never been successful. While with Bayern Munich in Germany, he was unable to win the trophy.

He claimed that money had no bearing on who won or qualified for the competition.

If money had not played a part, Mourinho would not have had a dismal first domestic season with Roma, where he failed to qualify for Europe's elite tournament, according to Guardiola's assertions.

With three games remaining in Serie A, Mourinho's Roma are 10 points behind fourth-placed Juventus.

"I know that the people here are infatuated with the Champions League," Guardiola remarked during a press conference before their Premier League match on Sunday.

"I'm sure when we win it, they'll say it's because we spent so much money, not because of the work we put in." For me, it's not about the money, and the fans don't get it. Roma have spent a lot of money as well, but they do not compete in the Champions League. "

Last edited by a moderator: