Toxic marriage: Man runs away from home over wife's violent behavior

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria
180622-F-OI210-001.jpeg

A married man allegedly ran away from his home due to his wife's aggressiveness. The man, whose name wasn't stated, accused his wife of beating me and tearing his clothes from time to time.

He said he doesn't subscribe to the idea of beating a woman for whatever reason, and that made his wife perceive him as weak.

For a long time, he wore his shirts without undoing the buttons because of the scars her nails had left on his upper chest.

This is a case of domestic violence that shouldn't be taken with levity.

It shows that women aren't the only victims suffering from domestic violence as society largely portrays.

There are men who suffer in silence for fear of being perceived as weak or a liar.

Some people expressed their annoyance over the laughter that erupted while the abused man stated his case.

@destinyamaka said, "It's really sad, If this was a woman narrating the story, people would be more empathetic. Why is the judge laughing? Why do men's pain get taken for granted?"

@trebok_thrive said "I don't care what anyone says, the man is subjected to domestic violence by his wife. If it was the other way round, trust me, EFCC, DSS, Human Rights, Vigilante will be Ion his case for beating a woman. I believe the man's story."

The viral video caught the attention of a popular Twitter influencer, @Wizarab10. He said the abused man is not a victim because he consented to the abuse. He also opined that everyone accepts the love they think they deserve.

Video credit: @viewsmedia.ng & @wizarab10