United Africa Republic...

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

LagosBwoi

Mar 16, 2021
Lagos
TWITTER
_ahyorhinde_
22459499_1985317011740902_8294621934135661136_o.jpg

The House of Representatives of Nigeria received a proposal yesterday, 5th of June, 2020, to change Nigeria's name to the United Africa Republic or the United Alkebulan Republic. stating that the name 'Nigeria' was given by a white woman, hence, it still shows signs of colonialism.

The House of Representative committee on Constitution Review received this proposal to change the name by a tax consultant named, Jokotoye Adeleye, at their South West zonal public hearing in Lagos on Tuesday.

He said the name Nigeria was imposed by the colonial masters and it is due for a change. Adenuga said the change of name will physically and psychologically effect a change in the troubled country.

He said, "At this crossroads in our history, it is mandatory that we change our name to reflect a new beginning which will be ushered in with a new constitution."

The proposal can be read below,

First and foremost, I want to recommend a name change from Nigeria to the United African Republic (UAR).

The significance of name change cannot be overemphasised. Even God our father, in the Holy books, changed names of prophets e.g. Saul to Paul, Jacob to Israel, etc. The reason for name change is to physically and psychologically reflect a new beginning.

Thus, at this crossroads in our history, it is mandatory that we change our name to reflect a new beginning which will be ushered in with a new constitution. The word ‘Africa’ is a Greek word meaning ‘Without Cold’. Africa was originally called ‘Alkebulan’, meaning ‘Mother of Mankind’ (Garden of Eden).

Alkebulan is the oldest and the only word of indigenous origin used by Moors, Nubians and Ethiopians. So, if we like, we can go a step further and name our nation, United Alkebulan Republic (meaning ‘United Mother of Mankind Republic).

The new constitution should also give room for continuous review as and when due, and future referendum if required also want to suggest the following.

The constitution should provide for a council for each of these offices where six members from each geo-political zone will be represented to take collective unanimous decisions for the office, instead of one man holding all the powers of the office.

These council members will attain the position by seniority and numbers of years in service, and they will each need a department in the service as well as being council members.

According to him, Nigeria has too many tribes and ethnics that needs to be united and this new name will bring the said unity. To every perceived problem, there should be a solution. Adeleye presented a solution in his presentation, he proffered a new name, stating a suggestion for the new name to be, United Alkebulan Republic (meaning: United Mother of Mankind Republic) or the United African Republic.

After his presentation, funny reactions have trailed his proposal on social media, especially on Twitter Nigeria. Some of the reactions are below;

If you na don sell Nigeria, make we know, no dey stress us.
Which one be United African Republic again

Now that you people are planning to change Nigeria’s name to United African Republic, What will I do with My Great nation song?! Una Dey stress me too much.

House of Reps receives proposal to change Nigeria’s name to UAR i.e. United African Republic or United Alkebulan Republic as Nigeria. Imagine, Alkebulan ko, Akara Osu ni. Old wine in new bottle.

So when Nigeria is finally changed to “United African Republic”, The citizen will now be called Uranium ….sense will not kill me

So our problem as a country is how to change name from Nigeria to United African Republic. This is the height of madness.