Ur Papa, Davido responds after music producer Napji called him out for unpaid royalties

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria

Ur Papa, Davido responds after music producer Napji called him out for unpaid royalties​

Afrobeats singer Davido has reacted to the tweet of one music producer Napji who claimed he hasn't received the royalties due to him from producing Davido's 2020 album, A Better Time. He said he was paid N500,000 for each of the songs on the album with a promise to receive from the royalties generated from the album. However, those promises have not been fulfilled and he is bent on exposing some top-rated information until Davido fulfills his promises.

In Napji's words, "I am Najpi, the producer behind Fem, Jowo, and Sunlight on @davido album (A better time). Which was released on 13th November 2020. I was paid an advance of 500 thousand naira for each song. I will be releasing more information as I seek to collect my royalties & publishing."

Davido's reaction to Napji's post was short and precise. The Afrobeat singer simply wrote "Ur papa" without confirming or denying the accusation.