Wayne Rooney Wins His First Game In Six Attempts As Birmingham City Manager

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Birmingham City manager Wayne Rooney won his first game after his sixth attempt at the championship.

The former Manchester United legend had lost four out of five matches in the championship, with many fans wanting him to return to D.C. United.

Birmingham City substitute Jordan James scored the winner against Sheffield Wednesday to give the manager a sense of relief after earlier criticism since he took over.
5EDABA60-EDFD-4E7C-9D8A-7E81B56549CE.jpeg

After the game, Wayne Rooney said, "We can't get caught up with the fans' reactions; everyone has opinions, and we don't want to go in 1-0 down, but when you're on the pitch, you've got to keep your focus and concentration."

"Forget the fans; my reaction at halftime wasn't good to the players; that's why my voice has gone."

"We didn't play with the energy I wanted us to play with in the first half, and I made the players aware of that, but in the second half we were a lot better."

*How Birmingham City defeated Sheffield on Wednesday in Championship*

Sheffield Wednesday went ahead before the end of the first half through George Byers.

Byers goal was Sheffield Wednesday's first away goal since August 26, 2023.

However, the Blues came back into the game with Birmingham City player Juninho Bacuna, who scored from 20 yards before the end of the second half.

After the equalizer, the Blues became lively as they were pushing for the second goal of the game.

James got all three points for Birmingham City after scoring just three minutes after he came on as a substitute.

James goal had moved the Blues to 14th place on the championship table, and they are five points off the play-offs.

Sheffield Wednesday suffered 13 defeats in 17 matches this season.

They are currently 10 points adrift of safety with their latest loss in the Championship.

However, the Birmingham City team are still struggling in terms of not letting goals in on a consistent basis.

To be seen as a well-organized team, the Birmingham City side must win their next three matches before the January transfer window on January 1, 2024.

*What Next for Birmingham City and Sheffield Wednesday?*
Birmingham City will travel to the Blackburn Rovers on November 29, 2023, at 8:45 p.m.

It is a must-win game for the Wayne Rooney side in order to leave 14th place in the English Championship table.

Sheffield Wednesday, on the other hand, will welcome Championship Leader Leicester City on November 29, 2023, at 8:45 p.m.

The Leicester City side are leading the Owls with 36 points and have been tipped to destroy Sheffield United despite playing away from home.

*What do you think about Wayne Rooney winning his first game in charge of Birmingham City? Air your views in the comment section.*