We are not responsible for Nigeria's woes, we are the solution - CBN Governor, Yemi Cardoso

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Dr.-Olayemi-Cardoso-e1707128974431.png

CBN Governor, Olayemi Cardoso has stated that he and his team are not responsible for Nigeria's economic downturn and in fact, they are the solution to the current hardship.

During the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) meeting in Abuja yesterday, Cardoso said the Central Bank isn't responsible for the economic hardship Nigeria is currently going through. He said they are working tirelessly to curtail the situation because they assumed office in a time of crisis. He stated that they are working hard and implementing certain policies while applying transparency and putting the interest of the average Nigerian at heart.

Cardoso disclosed that about $26 billion was processed through the popular trading platform, Binance Nigeria over the years without being able to identify the source and users of the money.

Cardoso said, "I laugh at that question but it’s not a laughing matter and I think it is very important for Nigerians to understand that my Central Bank team and I are not responsible for the woes Nigeria has today — we’re part of the solution. All we can do is do the difficult things to make a bad situation better. Nigeria does not have the wiggle room to get things wrong. All we can do is do the difficult things to make a bad situation better and I do believe that the efforts that we are making are beginning to bring back confidence because, to be frank, without confidence in your business, you are not going to get far.

We are determined to ensure that we work hard to get out of the mess that Nigeria is in. We assumed responsibility in a time of crisis of confidence; there was a crisis of confidence and you may all want to go to bed and wish that crisis of confidence was not there but it was, and we can’t turn back the clock."