We have 3 tribes in Nigeria, Davido educates Kai Cenat

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
X9TktkpTURBXy84NDM1OGQ4NGYyN2IwZjdiN2Q3YWNhNjQ5N2NkOTgwZS5wbmeSlQPMUgDNAyzNAcmTBc0BWcys

Afrobeats superstar David Adeleke popularly known as Davido educates American streamer Kai Cenat on Nigerian culture as he says there are only 3 tribes in the country.

American streamer Kai Cenat who is on his African tour, has been in Nigeria since last week. He was hosted by Davido and other influencers over the weekend in Lagos.

In a recent video, Davido was educating Kai Cenat about the Nigerian culture as he told him there are only 3 tribes in Nigeria. Davido stated that he is Yoruba because his father is from Yorubaland, his mother is Benin and his wife Chioma is Igbo.

"We have 3 tribes in Nigeria. My father is Yoruba. In Nigeria, wherever your father's from is where you are really from. My wife is from Igbo while my mother is from Benin. I'm like 3 tribes in one.", Davido stated.

Nigeria is a multicultural society filled with diverse ethnic groups, languages and tribes. Predominantly, there are 3 major ethnic groups in Nigeria namely; Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa/Fulani but there are over 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria. The minority groups such as Kanuri, Edo, Ibibio, Igala, Ijaw, Nupe etc aren't well represented. Hence, the reason why they are often excluded in conversations regarding ethnicity in the country.

Meanwhile, Nigerians have called Davido out for educating Kai wrongly. See some reactions below:

@ElonChapo said, "Olodo dey teach person book"

@habiblinz said, "Davido always not giving the Right explanations. That’s why he got deprived of Grammy. Instead to say We have 3 major tribes in Nigeria and other minority tribes. Now once Kai cenat sees someone speaking Ijaw, he will argue that person is not from Nigeria"

@beaniesoulja said, "That's Cap. Those are the major tribes as listed. There's over 100 tribes in NIGERIA. STUDY!"