West Ham Confirm Signing of Kalvin Philips From Manchester City [VIDEO]

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
West Ham have confirmed the signing of out-of-favor Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Philips on loan for the rest of the reason.

The Hammers announced the addition of the 28-year-old to the club's midfield options on the club's official website and social media handles.

Kalvin Philips joins the Hammers on a six-month loan deal until the end of the season. Nsmnews gathers Manchester City have agreed to a buyout option with West Ham worth £40m.

This means the London club will have the leeway to trigger the buyout clause and keep the player on a permanent contract should he impress on his loan shift.

Kalvin Philips endured a difficult two-year stint with Manchester City since he joined the club from Leeds United in 2022. He has managed a combined 16 Premier League appearances for the club throughout his two seasons at Etihad.

Despite retaining his slot as a regular in Gareth Southgate's Three Lions squad, the Yorkshireman still found himself off Guardiola's pecking order at City, hence he was linked to an exit from the club to revive his career.

Speaking on his move to West Ham, Philips expressed his joy in joining the club and reiterated his readiness to give his best as he sets out for a fresh challenge with the Londoners

“I’m really pleased to be here,” said the Yorkshireman, who will wear the No11 shirt.

“There’s always been a lot of speculation about me moving to West Ham, so I’m really excited to get going now.

"There’s so much to look forward to in the second half of the season for the Club and I can’t wait to be part of it.

“There’s an unbelievable group here and if I can come in and add the quality that I know I’m capable of, I’m sure we can give the West Ham fans plenty to be excited about between now and the end of the season.”

West Ham's club statement revealed Kalvin Philips could make his debut for the Hammers in their Premier League clash against Bournemouth on Thursday, February 1.

Philips won the Champions League, Premier League, FA Cup, UEFA Super Cup, and FIFA Club World Cup with Manchester City and will be expected to play a big role as West Ham push for a top-four finish this season, including the Europa League crown.