You left me with many battles and liabilities - Pres. Tinubu to Buhari

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Tinubu-praises-Buhari-.jpeg

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has told his predecessor, former president Muhammadu Buhari that he left him with many battles and liabilities at the end of his administration.

President Tinubu said this during a book launch titled: Working with Buhari: Reflections of a Special Adviser Media and Publicity (2015-2023), a book written by Buhari's former adviser, Femi Adesina.

Pres. Tinubu stated that Buhari left him with a lot of unfinished tasks for continuity and he has inherited these burdens. He recalled Buhari saying he could never please Nigerians but amidst the challenges, his focus was working hard and satisfying his conscience. Tinubu commended Buhari saying he has done well and his hard work has reflected in the country.

He stated, "When you left the office, you left many battles and a bunch of tasks for me for continuity. And I told people I inherited the assets and liabilities of my predecessor, no matter what you say.

We always joke sometimes, and you say you can never please Nigerians, but yours is to focus, work hard, and satisfy your conscience. You have done that. It is reflected."